Sustainability Report and Benchmarking
Our fifth annual Sustainability Report covers Sensis’ financial, social and environmental performance from 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010.
The 2010 Sensis Sustainability Report summarises our Sustainability strategy and commitments, as well as the performance and impacts of our Australian operations. International operations are covered in the Finance and Governance section.
The report has been independently assured by Environmental Resources Management Australia (ERM), which has been prepared to A+ standard, as defined in the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 application level. This is the second one of our Sustainability reports that has been independently assured by ERM using the AA1000 principles. This report also details our performance across the four key impact areas of Workplace, Marketplace, Community and Environment.
We are a member of various industry bodies and benchmarking indices that contribute to strengthening sustainability practices in Australia. These memberships also allow us to measure our sustainability progress and identify opportunities for improvement.
We are active in various sustainability industry activities and memberships including:
- Member of Boston College, Center for Corporate Citizenship (US)
- Corporate Environment Managers Network (VIC)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Managers Network (VIC)
- Centre for Corporate Public Affairs, CSR Practitioners Round Table
- Carbon Innovators Network (VIC)
- St James Ethics Centre, National Responsibility Business Practice Project