Explore Career Opportunities
Sensis offers career opportunities across a wide range of business disciplines. Our recruitment process places considerable emphasis on understanding not just your relevant skills/experiences, but also the other crucial attributes that underpin our business - alignment with our values, a passion for excellence, and a natural affinity to a people-led, fun work environment, among others.
Our career opportunities fall within these major disciplines:
- Customer Care
- Product Development and Management
- Human Resources
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Affairs
- Digital Marketing Services
- Learning & Development
Profiles of some of our key roles and people:
Media Sales Advisor (T1)
You’ll be providing Australian businesses with tailored product solutions across White Pages®, Yellow Pages® and interactive voice and data products suites and more.
This telephone-based sales role will require professionalism, solid business acumen and the ability to meet/exceed sales targets.
Success will require:
- The ability to understand a client’s needs, and provide the best solutions
- A demonstrated ability to meet targets
- Ability to handle objections
- Strong client focus
Our Media Sales Advisors are motivated by the available rewards, their team environment, an opportunity for greater work–life balance, and opportunities for internal career development and progression.
You’ll take inbound/outbound customer enquiries, and provide solutions to customers' concerns. As the “face” of Sensis you will play a frontline role in enhancing our customers’ experience, and therefore fill a crucial support function.
With the focus on building strong relationships with our customers and offering excellent customer service, success in this role relies on:
- Experience in an inbound or outbound call centre role
- Strong customer relationship skills
- An ability to think quickly and strategically
- Previous experience in a sales target-based environment
Expect to enjoy a highly supportive and fun team environment and opportunities to progress your career.
Media Sales Advisor (Face-to-Face Sales)
You will be responsible for managing your accounts as well as business development and sourcing new opportunities.
Working in an autonomous and varied environment, you will partner with your customers by consulting, advising and developing solutions to grow their business.
Skills required for our Media Sales Advisor roles include:
- A strong, successful sales background in a target-driven environment
- A proven track record of excellent customer satisfaction
- An ability to share success with (and add value to) your team environment
Our Media Sales Advisors enjoy strong financial incentives, recognition at the highest level, individually focused career development opportunities, and our fun, supportive and energetic team environment.
Online Production Specialist
You will create tailored online Yellow Pages and White Pages advertising solutions for a wide variety of clients. You will work across all facets of the end-to-end production process, from the initial contract keying and billing, to designing and building the solutions to the final editing and quality checking of online products before publication.
Success in this role requires:
- Graphic design experience with advanced Photoshop skills
- Significant attention to detail with a strong quality and accuracy levels
- Demonstrated performance in a high-pressure role by achieving or exceeding stringent targets in relation to timeliness, quality and productivity
- A passion for developing workable, effective advertising solutions
- Drive to meet and exceed customer expectations
You will work within a fun, friendly and supportive team environment and in return for your outstanding performance you will be rewarded with ongoing training, reward and recognition incentives and the opportunity to develop and progress your career.
IT Development Manager
You must understand and deliver to the requirements of those key business units that use our products, and be responsible for the on-time and on-quality development
You will contribute to the IP management and governance of software development, and its ongoing development and documentation. The Development Manager will also be critical to leading the development and support team/s and providing career and other guidance.
Some roles may also require the provision of second and third-level support, and provide advice, guidance and support for escalated incidents.
In these roles you will be exposed to an ever-evolving product and technology landscape. You’ll need a genuine passion for technology, technical excellence and want to be associated with a leading product suite, and opportunity/ies for “green field” development.
Skills that may be required include:
- Solid experience and understanding in end-to-end IT applications and delivery of projects using Agile techniques and others
- Extensive and direct programming experience
- Experience developing application architectures
- High exposure to the internet and related technology, and detailed understanding of relevant online/web technologies including HTTP, internet, Java, JSP
- Knowledge of search engine architectures
- Proven ability to coach, guide and develop a team
You’re accountable for marketing strategy and brand development; market analysis and insight; reporting and performance tracking; leadership of the marketing team; the promotion and advertising budget and supplier relationships.
Specifically, you will responsible for identifying key challenges and opportunities in the digital market. Leading on from this will be the creation of customised strategies and developing action plans that address key focus areas.
While the role’s diverse nature ensures that no day is the same, your daily responsibilities may include:
- Reviewing and subsequent adjustment of existing marcomms campaigns in order to achieve the best outcomes
- Liaising with creative, PR and media agencies and internal sales teams
- Editing collateral, media releases and sales materials
- Developing presentations to spread the product message and support the various conferences as industry leaders we are asked to present at.
GIS Analyst/Team Leader
This role focuses on the development of the Whereis® product and service suite, which complements other Sensis products (including Yellow Pages® and White Pages® directories, and the CitySearch® site) in order to deliver location-orientated services across internet and WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) channels.
Working as part of or as leader of the Whereis® Product Development & Support Team, the GIS Analyst or Team Leader plays a key role in the ongoing development of key Sensis products, including Whereis® StreetNet, Alert Point and UBD Image products before supplying to customers and distributors.
Our GIS Analysts/Team Leaders are also required to work on, and at times lead, GIS “special projects”.
These roles require a sound knowledge of GIS concepts, and a working knowledge of ArcInfo/ArcGIS software. They also call for a high level of motivation, maturity and initiative, and a passion for working at the forefront of Satellite Navigation.